Thursday, April 06, 2006

Playgroup..

I am sure most of you have been to a playgroup session or two... or at least heard of 'playgroup'. I have just about over dosed on play dough and paint this morning... so much for a 'nice quite' play... no such thing when you have three kids that all all pre-kinder age!
The kids run into the building and they don't stop until I pull them out kicking and screaming 90 minutes later.... a few clix biscuits and a glass of cordial is just enough food to keep them going until we get home and all of them curl up into bed for a nap. So.. is it worth it? Paint and playdough everywhere.. at least one comfort cuddle required per child.. singing song off key with the other mothers..eldest child discovering that she paints much better with her hands and fingers then brushes, diplomatically taking other people kids off a bike after they have rammed two other kids... enough biscuit crumbs on the carpet to keep all of the mice in town feed for a week..
I forgot.. what was my questions?? That's right.. is it worth it?? Yep.. you bet!! Apart from the fact that all of my kids sleep afterwards... the kids LOVE it!!
So.. that was my morning.. the rest of the week has been much the same.. cleaning.. washing.. running kids everywhere.. organsing the girls birthday party... just same stuff..
Weigh in tonight and that is why I am posting now... so I don't want to report a huge gain to you all. I have hardly been outside this week to exercise. But I went to our local basketball courts while in town yesterday and they have some gym circuits stuff there that you can use for a fee of $150 a year!!! They give you a key to come and go as you please and two nights a week they have someone there setting circuits going.. still thinking about it. It is so cheap but I would like to go three times a week, but to fnd the time with no kids might be hard. Will decide after easter. But I am thinking that it might just be what I need now...
We are all heading away again this weekend.. Jack has so much to do here but it can't be helped. His sister Theresa is turning 30 and we are heading to Finley in NSW to help her celebrate. So, that will be the weekend.
So.. I hope that M3 had a greatNAAFKA day went well (check out her post.. piss funny and I think we all should make our own)... and I want to wish LMS all the best in her new job starting next week....
Catch you later
Kirsty x

10 comments:

Madamx81 said...

good luck at weighin tonight.. my fingers are crossed for you. Your description of play group sounds like so much fun! i can't wait until i can experience that too. enjoy the 30th - i love a good party!

Kate said...

Good luck for your weigh in. So far our playgroups have been a little more sedate, but as my little miss grows and gets a brother or sister, im sure to get some of that delightful mayhem too - can't wait! :-)

One thing I read in your posts over and over again is that you really are giving your kids a gorgeous childhood - what better gift can you give?!

Unknown said...

I remember going to Playgroup when I was little and then Preschool when I was a little older. They were both lots of fun! I agree with Kate, you are giving your kids such a wonderful childhood, filled with lots of fun memories.

Thanks for the good luck wishes. Im getting a bit nervous... Will be great once Im settle in!

xxx

Margaret said...

Oh how I can relate. LOL. And I love the chalk drawings. You leave them at the easel congratulating yourself that they have an activity they enjoy, keeps them quiet, keeps them active, then they turn around and you realise they spent the last 5 minutes eating the chalk!!

Like you, I wouldn't swap it for anything. Well OK maybe for an hours uninterrupted sleep LOL.

Hope you have a brilliant weekend. Hope weigh in was not as bad as expected xx

Baby Bump Wanted said...

i remember playgroup thats when i saw easter bunny!!!!
hope you have had fun

fiona

Esther said...

Playgroup - I would need a LOT of coffee to get through that. I remember once I had to pick up my niece Grace from playgroup when I was living in the northern territory. She had made this delightful painted maccaroni necklace and bracelet. We went to a cafe to have our traditional post playgroup milkshake, and I had to leave her to order. When I came back, she had paint allover her face, and burst into tears. I asked her what on earth was wrong, and she repied she had eaten her necklace and had a terrible belly ache!!! LOL, we went home. Have a lovely weekend Kirsty and good lucky with the impending weigh in...

Love Est x

CaramelKitKat said...

Oh I remember playgroup! Is yours held in a memorial hall with wooden floors and a tin roof? Ours was, and I can still recall the reverberation of squealing, yelling, crying, plastic bike wheels going flatchat and laughing. Also the big silver urn that was NOT TO BE TOUCHED. It's nice to know that it's a tradition that's still going strong. I have friends who refuse to give it a go and I can't help but feel they're missing out.

Poor Hugh! What is it with boys and injuries?? Your eldest daughter (Emilie?) caught mid-dance is a crack-up; definately one for the 21st board.

I thought of you a few times while I was away. First was when I went through Horsham on the way back from Adelaide. Love the hospital there, so quaint! My bf's dad is the "local" (he lives 50min out of Melbourne) audiologist, so I figure that's where he's based. Second time was while driving near my home town and it dawned on me: the definition of being native to a country area! You mentioned something about needing to be 3rd generation before you're counted as a local, well I think you need to have a road named after you. And the more properties that border it the better!

Before I give someone else a turn I just want you to know that your repeat messages were/are greatly appreciated. xx

Ails said...

I have to admit that I'm a play group virgin - it all sounds so daunting with kiddies running a muck everywhere but I can see why you all would get so much out of it, its seems jammed packed with activity that it can't be anything but fun!!!!

That deal for the curcuit training sounds great - undoubtedly you will be doing some serious thinking about that after Easter!

Driving safely Yummy Mummy and family this weekend, sounds like you all have a long way to travel :)

BTW, NAAFKA day was a glorious success - even managed to be hangover free Friday morning which is a bit of a miracle in itself considering all the bubbly I consumed :S Not expecting a loss at weigh-in on Monday, that's for sure :)

Have a great weekend Kirsty - catchya next week!

Ails x

Leighanne said...

I loved playgroup - ours went for 3 hours 9 till 12 and the boys just crashed afterwards, it was as hectic as you described..lol

I wish we had that gym thingy here - I would go all the time, very cheap too:)

Kellee said...

You are a brave woman. I have yet to take my 20 month old there for fear of tantrums and tears - and that's just on my part! Sounds like it's fun though... for the kids at least!

I really enjoyed looking through your blog. It's great to see another mum who is committed to being healthy - we have similar start and goal weights. I look forward to getting back to mine when I pop out No. 2, and I'll certainly be checking out your blog regularly for some inspiration. You're going RAD!