Tuesday, April 11, 2006

So many hours in the car...

































Hugh and Kingley - giving his cousin some love...
My Kids and Amelia eating (Amelia is the same age as Laura - 3, but she is SO tall )
First photo is of Theresa and Bryan (Theresa's 30th Birthday speeches)

We have spent so much time travelling over the past few months... it would be interesting to see how much time was spent in the car! The kids do travel well.. well the girls travel well. Hugh gets sick of it and starts to annoy the girls.. so we do have the odd screaming match in the car... it not the kids yelling at each other... usually me telling them to calm down and it isn't much further...
A quick trip to Finley, NSW this past weekend... and a tour of SA this weekend... many more hours will be spent in the car.
Finley is a very nice little town.. reminds me of Warracknabeal in many ways. Often, when we aren't home, once Hugh is up (Around 6am) instead of waking everyone else in the house we head off walking. Finley has a lovely man made lake with a walking track around it.. very pretty and quite. Hugh loves this early morning walks... sometimes I think he wakes early when not home just to go out with me!! So, after a lap around the lake, and around town.. you get to see mcuh of the town. Lots of dairy cows and irrigated crops... rice, armonds etc... My brother-in-law works on a Armond grove. Bryan is from Zimbabwe where he was a tabacco farmer and they have been back in Australia for around 18 months. Theresa, Jack's sister met Bryan in Ireland while overseas and moved to Zim and has since had two children (Amelia and Kingsley) To say that life in Australia is different to Zim is a huge understatement... amazing...
Sorry... back on track. It was Theresa's 30th Birthday and we went to help her celebrate!! Had a great time!
Tomorrow night we are heading to Paringa, Thursday Jack, Hugh and myself are then heading to Adelaide to pick up Jack's suit (He is in the wedding party) and for me to try and find some clothes!! The girls are going to Stay with Mardie and Pardie. Back to paringa Thursday night then Friday is EMILIE'S 4TH BIRTHDAY!! so lots of presents and cake on Friday for Emilie at her Grandparents... late on Friday we are heading to Clare so Jack can be there for the rehersal of the wedding... Saturday in the wedding.. Sunday back to Paringa and Home again Monday... Puffed, just typing all of that!!
Now.. weigh in results. I only put on 200 grams... I am good at this maintaining thing... But this week will be the first week since i started WW that I will miss a weigh in... I guess it isn't going to kill me. But I know I will still be careful and make wise choices and plan for those snacks...
Getting my hair down tomorrow morning..A little nervious... last two hair colours have been very bad.... Developing a phobia of hairdressers. One to my third salon since November. One of my good friends owned a salon in Horsham, but she sold it about 2 years ago and changed professions... so it was great until then! I will post photos of me in my new dress, shoes.. handbag and coloured hair after the wedding.
I wish I could stay here longer.. but I have SO much to do before tomorrow night.
Take care everyone over easter!
Love Kirstyx

6 comments:

Margaret said...

WOW. I am exhausted for you just reading this post. And I am amazed how you hold it all together with 3 of them in the car. I start pulling my hair out on long trips and I only have 2.

I hope you have a lovely time away on all of your trips and that you have a lovely Easter. Well done on only having such a small gain, with all your 6.00am walks I am sure this will come off in no time.

You are doing really well, keep up the fantastic energy :D

Ails said...

I felt exhausted just reading about what you have ahead of you! So many hours and so many kms in the car, wow!

I'm sure that after all the kms you will all have a great time - sounds like one action-packed week! Looking forward to reading all about it next week!

Drive safely Kirsty and family - and have yourselves a fantastic Easter :)

BTW, great job with the maintaining. You definitely do have a knack for it ;)

Cinders said...

I'm tired just after reading that. Well done with maintaining and hope all goes well with the hairdresser. Look forward to seeing your pics. Happy Easter.

philippa_moore said...

Wow, that sounds exhausting! I hope Emilie has a happy birthday - I love children's parties!! Can't wait for all that!

Have a wonderful Easter xx

Esther said...

My goodness you know some interesting people Kirsty! I always get very nervous about hairdressers... HOWEVER, I have recently hit the jackpot. I found a gorgeous boy called Adam, who is very very gay, and I just LOOOOOVE him. Fantastic hairdresser and loves to talk about clothes and boys. Best haircut in ages... Hope the birthday party went well, have a delightful Easter...

Est xox

Kt said...

hope u & your family had a lovely easter :)