Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Placement...

is finished...!!!...

I had a great few days at the YMCA in horsham absorbing as much info as I could!!! It really did cement that I wanted to help people with reaching their own goals... very interesting people walk through those doors and made me appreciate my own health! I think at times I live in a bubble and don't realise what issues/injuries/conditions people have to live with!

Just need to work through assessments, including a video assessment... so close....

I just read a post about a big mouth dietitian in Tully's blog... a professional being so unprofessional... no ones' health is a joke.. and surely a professional dietitian would know that..FFS..

While I am ranting... I brought my summer dress a few weeks ago.. when I say my summer dress, i mean the dress that will be worn to all christmas parties and outings etc.. I am lucky that most of our parties don't cross, so different people at different parties... anyway... it is cool... and I would wear it now with a pair of leggings and a black top under it (from www.body.com.au - summer collection)
Anyway, in our local target store sat morning buying flannie shirts for my boys, and I asked this teenage shop assisted if they have leggings??? She headed over to the ladies section and started flicking through the rack and say "They only go to size 16.. let me look over there..." (I think she headed to the option plus rack...)

Fuck

Me

A didn't follow her across the store....

I Stood there, mouth open wide...

Speechless (for once...)

I just walked to the checkout and brought the flannie shirts and size 10 undies that I had in my hands while she was yelling out from the other side of the store that there are "... bigger ones over here...."

Get fucked....

Anyway... home day today. Tomorrow my Mum is coming home. She has been away for a MONTH and can't wait to see her and I also have duck shed clean out.

Back soon..

6 comments:

CaramelKitKat said...

Ooohh, I bet you can taste the end of your course (I'll save the c-word for then :o) )! You already know this, but I'll say it again: you would make a brilliant trainer; you're Harperesque.

Clearly, the sales assistant was a dickhead. Blind Freddy can see you're not in need of leggings in size 18+.

Now, the important stuff: which dress is it?? There are plenty of cute dresses on that site, but my guess is it's the grey one w square, contrasting print neck (of the middle two, the one at the top).

(A little secret: I have started runwalking again :o). After a few weeks of regular walking together, a mate and I decided we needed to up the pace. Out came Robert Ullrey's podcasts - the man is a legend, I would not do the C25k program if I had to look at my watch - and we runwalk around an oval in separate directions so I don't slow him down. At the end we are both buggered, but smiling sillily :oS. I think of you at times like this - doing what needs to be done and enjoying the challenge. Thanks for the inspiration.)

Cinders said...

What a bizarre thing to say - clearly it's just a teenage thing. Some lovely dresses on that site. I could see you in quite a few of them.

Kathryn said...

I'd have told her I take size knuckle sandwich! Well I mightn't have actually said it, but I'd have thought it real loud.

The placement sounds good - I'm sure you'll be brilliant.

Yummy Mummy said...

Arrh... girls... you make me laugh!

CKK.. the dress in second row in the middle.. very cool.. will post a photo of me wearing ONCE it put it on.. and well done and the walkrunning... great weather to be out there. I have begun riding a bike OUTSIDE.. great fun!

Unknown said...

OH. MY. GOD.

What a crunt. Total and utter bitch.

You know most shop assistants are the opposite with me, I pick up a size 16, and they say, what size are you grabbing, I say 16, they shake their heads and say no darling smaller size. And they are normally wrong, too small, but its weird. I dont know if they do it to be nice or polite or something or if I just dont look my size.

I have never been overestimated. She probably had no idea.

I probably would have smacked her.

Zanna said...

The world is full of wallies!! and you obviously encountered one! Can't wait to see the pic of you in the dress. Z xx